Tree Tops > Governance
- Tree Tops is a Non-Profit Company (NPC) that has PBO status with SARS. While fulfilling the requirements of the Companies Act 71 of 2008 , Tree Tops has a governance structure which ensures input from all relevant ‘ stakeholders’ and provides continuity of leadership.
- The Board of Directors is made up of a maximum of 12 members, with parent and staff representation, as well as members co-opted for their particular expertise. There is an Executive Committee comprising of the Chairman, Principal and Bursar.
- The financials of the school are audited annually and the full audited statements can be perused by any member of the parent community who is in good standing. Details of the Income and Expenditure Statements are circulated at the AGM.
- The present Chairman of the Board is Patrick Robert.
- Board members convene a number of sub-committees, eg: Finance, Strategic Planning, Human Resources, Fund-Raising, Maintenance, Security and Risks, etc.
- The Board meets once a month and, apart from normal agenda items, additional matters can be tabled for consideration.